Why Did Africa’s Largest Country Split into 2 Countries p2

Why Did Africa’s Largest Country Split into 2 Countries p2

Why Did Africa's Largest Country Split into 2 Countries p2

According to this agreement, South Sudan’s demands were accepted and partial autonomy was also granted And the terms of this agreement were incorporated into Sudan’s first permanent constitution After the first civil war between North and South Sudan, there was a measure of peace for the next eleven years But this peace did not last long In 1983, the then Sudanese President Jafar Namiri taking steps towards making the country an Islamic state Implemented Sharia Law in whole Sudan

Also ended the autonomy of South Sudan Soon after, a second civil war broke out between South Sudanese separatists and North Sudanese forces Numiri’s actions had another purpose besides making Sudan an Islamic state Since Sudan was a country rich in oil wealth, 75% of it was in South Sudan So he never wanted to let go of this southern part of the country Presidents who succeeded Numiri continued Nimiri’s policies towards South Sudan And this civil war continued for two decades

About 2 million people lost their lives in this war while 4 million citizens had to migrate The long-running civil war ended in Kenya in 2005 under the Comprehensive Peace Agreement According to the agreement, Sudan had now decided to grant autonomy to South Sudan It was also decided that the citizens of South Sudan would be given the option in a referendum in 6 years in 2011 Whether they want to stay with one Sudan or create a separate country

Why Did Africa’s Largest Country Split into 2 Countries p2

According to agreement, for the next six years, South Sudan was given autonomy in all matters except defense and foreign affairs One of the reasons for the conflict between both was the distribution of foreign exchange from the oil reserves It was also decided that 2 percent share of the total foreign exchange will be given to the oil producing provinces While the remaining 98 percent will be equally divided between South and North Sudan

This revenue sharing formula was to intact till referendum in 2011 According to the agreement, a referendum was held in January 2011 And 99 percent of South Sudanese citizens voted in favor of secession from Sudan United Nations Volunteers also played their role in the referendum On July 9, 2011, 6 months after the referendum, South Sudan emerged as a separate country on the world map And Sudan was divided into two parts

The area of ​​South Sudan was 644 thousand square kilometers At the time of partition, it had a population of 11.1 million people In which 60 percent were Christians, 33 percent had Animist Beliefs, while only 7 percent were Muslims In comparison, the area of ​​Sudan is 1.861 million square kilometers While the population is about 4.5 crore Of which 80 percent are Muslims and the remaining 20 percent belonged to other religions Despite the separation of the two countries, there are still many problems that remain unsolved Among them,

The biggest problem is related to the ownership of Abyei It is an area of ​​4 thousand square kilometers on the border of Sudan and South Sudan Where the referendum held in 2011 was postponed There are huge oil reserves in this area The postponement of the referendum in this area is due to differences regarding the eligibility of voters Actually, the reason for the disagreement is a nomadic tribe here About which Sudan’s position is that it can participate in the referendum South Sudan’s objection is that it cannot participate in the referendum

This is the reason why the referendum could not be held here till date And this area has become a cause of dispute between the two countries 75% of the undivided Sudan’s oil reserves have already gone to South Sudan Now Sudan wants to take ownership of Abyei anyway After 2011, as a result of the clashes between the armies of two countries, around 100,000 people have migrated from here This area is under control of both countries and no solution has been made to this issue Apart from Abyei, disputes are also going on between the two countries in Kafia Kingi,

Blue Nile and Nuba Mountains Apart from mutual conflicts, both countries are also suffering from many kinds of internal conflicts In which there is an ongoing conflict between the army and non-Arab rebels in the West Darfur region of Sudan since 2003 Sudan has faced various sanctions in the past due to violent incidents and human rights violations Apart from this, there is also a dispute between Sudan and Egypt regarding the ownership of Halaib South Sudan has been suffering from many problems even after independence From 2013 to 2020,

Part 1

There has also been a civil war between the opposition and government forces Apart from this, there are ongoing border issues between South Sudan Congo and Uganda North and South Sudan both are quite poor countries Sudan’s economy is largely dependent on the export of gold, agricultural and petroleum products In contrast, South Sudan’s economy is driven mostly by the export of petroleum products How did you like this information about North and South Sudan? And what topics would you like us to cover To watch more videos like this subscribe our channel.Thanks!

About admin

Check Also

Why Kurds Don't Have Their Own Country in Urdu p2

Why Kurds Don’t Have Their Own Country in Urdu p2

Why Kurds Don’t Have Their Own Country in Urdu p2 کرد ترکی میں کل آبادی …


Stv History